The Town of Cabri is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic professional for the position of Community Development Director. The Director will work under the leadership of the CAO as a permanent part-time employee of the Town of Cabri.
The Community Development Director will be responsible to communicate the benefits of recreation and culture and their importance to citizens and provide programming for these aspects which enriches the lives of those who live here. Also to promote the Town of Cabri to increase tourism and attract new developments.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Plan, implement, and evaluate programs (recreational, cultural, social or other special events)
- Schedule facilities required for program delivery (including scheduling for the Cabri Ice Centre year round) and ensuring programs have adequate resources to successfully operate
- Coordinate town owned facility rentals (ball diamonds, hall, trailer court)
- Liaison for the Herald for Cabri residents
- Liaison between community groups, assisting in writing/searching grants
- Sask Lottery Funding Coordinator
The following skills and qualifications will be an asset to the desirable candidate:
- Ability to plan programs on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Ability to promote self and programs/events
- Solid organization, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Council and other municipal staff, community groups, volunteers and the public
- Grant structure and proposal writing experience
- Recreational and cultural or other program administration experience
- History of community involvement
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation or related field an asset
- Must be flexible, available to work evening and weekend hours as necessary to participate or coordinate events
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle a requirement (mileage compensation available)
A full job description is available by contacting the Town Office. Additional knowledge in the area of agriculture and agri-value industries will be a definite benefit to this position. Attractive benefits and pension plan. Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
Please send resume with letter of interest by December 15, 2019 to:
Janelle Anderson, CAO